Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Phoenix Creation Journal #7

Hello all, and welcome back to the Phoenix Creation journal. As some of you may know, I recently started a new project, currently titled Journey of the Vanguard. So far, it's been a blast creating it, and for those of you curious about it, I've got some interesting news to share!  So with that said, let's just dive right in.

That was a quick update
So, about one hour after the playable alpha of Journey of the Vanguard went live, I had to rush out a hotfix because literally everyone who sent in feedback said two things:

"This seems really interesting!" (Aw shucks.)

"Also, found a bug." (Aw shit.)

After reading through all the player bug reports, I dove back into the code and eventually dug up quite a few bugs, including one that was keeping virtually everyone from reaching the actual end of the readable portion of the game.

So those were squashed, and the v. 0.2.2 hotfix was released. Since then, I've finally managed to figure out how to get quicktest working (still trying to make progress with randomtest), and you can bet that all future updates will be subjected to them before release, hopefully ensuring far fewer mishaps going forward.

I've since forgotten what bugs were squashed, so I'm afraid I can't post any kind of patch notes this time around, but I also guarantee that all future updates will have them, and they will be found right here on this blog.

Outside of that, I'm happy to continue to discuss the game over at its thread in the Choice of Games forums, here.

That'll do it for this creation journal. Phoenix, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment